2019 Press Release
Please see the attached PDF for more information
Music Theatre International Australasia brings A Helping Hand to Otago
Music Theatre International (MTI) Australasia, in partnership with The Amici Trust and Junior Theatre New Zealand, are pleased to announce the return of the Junior Theatre Project – A Helping Hand FREE Musical Giveaway.
Following the success of the initiative in Wellington in 2016 and Auckland 2018, 2019 will see one deserving school in the Otago region win this unique opportunity to stage their own FREE Broadway Junior™ musical.
MTI Australasia Managing Director, Stuart Hendricks was delighted to see the program return to New Zealand.
“This initiative was formed to assist schools that have no full-time arts specialist in establishing a greater arts culture within the school.
Our aim is to build a strong community in all aspects of the arts by engaging as many students, teachers and members of the school’s communities as possible.
To have supported Ngati Toa (Porirua, Wellington) and Murrays Bay Primary (Auckland) with the materials and guidance throughout their rehearsals, and then to see them stage their first ever Broadway Junior™ musical has been extremely rewarding. We can’t wait to provide an Otago school the same opportunity in 2019.”
The winning school will receive:
- FREE professional development passes for up to three teachers to attend Junior Theatre Celebration New Zealand in Auckland Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd November 2018
- A FREE license to perform a Broadway Junior™musical of their choice*
- A FREE ShowKit® of materials that supplies teachers with all the resources they will need to direct, choreograph and teach music like a true professional
- An experienced mentor from within the industry
- FREE Professional Development workshop for the schools’ teachers and remote skype huddles and ongoing online assistance
- FREE Workshops for the students by leading industry professionals
Otago schools (Dunedin or within 45 minutes of Dunedin) interested in the Junior Theatre Project – A Helping Hand 2019, must complete an application form by Monday, 14th October 2018 to be eligible for selection.
Please see full terms and conditions here...